August, 3rd Sunday - Ercall and Wrekin hop
Time & Location
About The Event
We are organising this walk to support our friends at Halfway House who are putting on a fundraising quiz and buffet at Halfway House, starting at 4:00pm - you are more than welcome to join us just for the walk, or for the walk and the quiz.
If you wish to partake in the quiz, you will need a team of 2 to 6, or we have a few spaces to join our 'Walkers are Welcome' team. Note that you will still need to book your quiz / buffet ticket (£10 per person) separately by emailing Halfway House - firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be 3 possible joining places for this walk - Please indicate your choice on the booking form:
1. Walk from Wellington Leisure Centre - starting earlier than usual, at 1:45pm
2. Travel by car from Wellington Leisure Centre to the Ercall Car Park - starting at 2:00pm
3. Walk from the Ercall Car Park (just over the M54 bridge on Ercall Lane) - starting at 2:10pm
4. Walk from the junction of Cluddley Lane and Wrekin Course - starting at 2:30
Option 4 location on Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/qsaiHTBbhq8cThpRA
For those doing just the walk, it will end back at the Ercall Car Park.
For those doing the quiz, we will lead back to the Leisure Centre, via the Ercall Car Park, when the event concludes if required.
The path around The Wrekin is mainly flat with gentle gradients, but there are a few longer moderate gradients.
If you would like to take the challenge of 'up and over', this is the steep climb from the back of The Wrekin and we recommend good boots / shoes, and a walking pole.
Approximate Return Distances:
Wellington Leisure Centre - 7.25 miles
Ercall Car Park - 5.4 miles
Wrekin Course junction - 3.5 miles
- Walker and join our Quiz Team£0£00£0